Sunday, June 26, 2011

7 Commitments for Missional Living

How are you committed to live for Jesus daily?  It requires us to be intentional as followers of His and to resist the temptation to think of my spirituality only as "going to church on Saturday or Sunday." My spiritual formation should be more than a "regular quiet-time."

Could these 7 commitments reorient your life around Jesus and His way of engaging the world?

Will you make these commitments? 
  1. I will seize the mission of Jesus as my own – obediently seeking to fulfill the Great Commission.
  2. I will pursue missional living – thinking and acting as a missionary in my neighborhood.
  3. I will exegete the cultures around me – defining and embracing my Circle of Accountability.
  4. I will incarnate the gospel – being Jesus to everyone I meet.
  5. I will make disciples who make disciples – training others to train others to follow Jesus and fish for men.
  6. I will start missional communities – gathering and multiplying groups of obedient disciplemakers.
  7. I will mobilize teams – mentoring and coaching others to live missionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment